Boracay Island is an approximately 315 km south of Manila by distance and the only way to get there is by a water transport. It is more convenient and time-saving to go to Boracay by catching a flight to Caticlan rather than a flight to Kalibo.
Boracay is popularly known for its White Beach with amazingly powder like white sand, scuba diving, windsurfing and for the rocking night parties if you are into that. The people in the island are generally friendly especially if they want to sell you some cheap souvenirs, water sports activity or fake pearl necklaces and fake designer clothes and bags. Be wary about the food although great tasting, if bought from the side streets restaurants may perhaps was not prepared to a good quality hygienic standard. It may look like a paradise but it still has third world facilities unless you’re in one of those 5-stars accommodation.
Boracay can be a romantic island for couples, family friendly for a family bonding exercise and for a group of friends who want to get away for some fun and relaxing time away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. I would suggest 7 days maximum stay and anything longer than that would put you in a catatonic state due to boredom.
The island has three stations:
1. Station 1 – This area offers a more high end accommodation. It is a more quiet area for a more luxurious and paradise-like experience.
2. Station 2 – This area offers mediocre, however good value for money accommodation.
3. Station 3 – This is the busiest part of the island where the action is and this area offers cheap and sometimes nasty accommodation.
TIP: The cheap and nice way to see the whole island is to hire one of those tricycles for the day. You’d have a happy driver waiting for you as your beck and call.
Five Reasons Why You Should Visit Boracay Island: (apart from we already know it’s a paradise-like island)
- White Beach – The sand incredibly soft and fine as well as pristinely white. The warm water is crystal clear. The beach is calm which is perfect for the kids. There are many water activities available such as; island hopping, scuba-diving, kite boarding, glass bottom boats, snorkelling, romantic meals on the water etc
- Boracay Sunset – The colours of sunset from this island is vivid and the radiant monochromatic colours of orange, yellow, purple and red mixed together is amazing photography
- Cheap massages – If you are like me, I love massages but where I come from, it’s not cheap so I take advantage of this rare opportunities. It’s a tropical island in Asia. Of course, they come with cheap massages
- Hospitable locals – Your tourist dollars and you will always be welcome with a smile.
- There’s is something for every budget – You can make it cheap and you can make it luxurious. There are accommodations and restaurants that will cater for everyone’s budget.